Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Impressive Alexander

Today Alexander said to me, "I'm going to eat the flesh of the apple." Except that he actually said "flush," but I knew what he meant.


What three year old refers to the flesh of the apple? I am constantly amazed by the words he uses. He also talks about the garbage truck picking up yard debris. And yesterday he pointed to the train track he had just put together and said, "Hey, that's very impressive!"


I wracked my brain trying to remember when I had said something was impressive and realized that a few days earlier, when he zipped up his hoodie all by himself I had said, "Wow, that's impressive."


He's good with words...now if we can just get him potty-trained!


Annabel still has a cold and is all snotty and unhappy. But when she's quiet and alert, she's smiling more and more. It's a beautiful sight! And she weighs 12 lbs.

3 comments:

  1. Alexander is using words like "impressive"!!! So cool! I still miss "wah" "wah" everytime he heard a fire truck, or when that turned into "firtwak" . (this is jamie by the way!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I don't even remember some of the things he used to say before he became such a motor-mouth. Cortnie keeps telling me I should record the stuff he says, but I never get around to it. One of my recent favorite lines of his was from when he was misbehaving at the table and putting his feet up. We told him no feet on the table. He got a wounded look on his face and said, "But I'm showing my feet to the pepper."

    Of course! Why didn't we realize that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems so logical when you think of it! :)

    ReplyDelete