Friday, March 2, 2012

Alexander Writes

I meant to post this story last month but never got around to it. So here it is now:

Alexander's writing has really taken off. Last month I received this picture while he was at school, with the message: "Alexander has been writing for 1 1/2 hours so far and still working."

When I picked him up, I discovered that he spent 2 hours writing. Two hours sitting on the floor with chalk in hand writing letters, words, and sentences. He bubbled over with what he'd been working on.

I have never known him to concentrate for so long on one thing, not even legos. His teacher was bowled over as well. This is how Alexander does things. He goes along taking small steps, and then one day--BAM--he's writing sentences, or riding a bike, or pooping in the toilet. When he's ready, there's an explosion. Of learning.

And the favorite sentence that he made up?

"Rat sat on a chr."

No comments:

Post a Comment