Monday, March 12, 2012

Bookworms

Alexander and I have a lovely routine for rainy days. When Annabel takes a nap, we curl up on the couch together and I read to him. Sometimes for an hour or two. We've gone through three of the Ramona books, a couple of Judy Blume books, the Mouse and the Motorcycle, and now we're on the Borrowers.

But the loveliest part of it (for me) is that while I read, Alexander will sit behind me and brush or play with my hair. Sometimes he'll scratch my back but mostly he sticks with my hair. I love it! It's so relaxing that I come dangerously close to needing a nap.

And it looks like Annabel is shaping up to be a bookworm as well. It's practically the first thing out of her mouth when she wakes up from a nap or when someone she knows enters the house:

"Want to read a book to me?"

Often she'll have a stack of books all ready to plop in the unsuspecting lap. Beware when you enter our house!

No comments:

Post a Comment