Sunday, May 23, 2010

Iron Will


Did I mention that my sister ran a marathon a couple of weeks ago? A marathon! When we got up that morning, she was already running. While we were eating breakfast, she was running. While we brushed our teeth, packed the diaper bag, dressed the kids, and drove 2 hours to get there...she was running.

I stand in awe of her. I think I can safely say that that is something I will never be able to do. I don't have the will.

Speaking of will, Alexander has begun to demonstrate his in a whole new way. Last week he had a stand-off with Michiel in the bathroom over picking up a toy fish he had thrown down. Michiel made him stand there until he was ready to pick it up. He stood for about 45 minutes.

And the other day he sat at the table for an hour and 15 minutes before relenting and taking 3 bites of the pasta he asked for at lunch.


What a will! Maybe he'll run a marathon when he grows up.








No comments:

Post a Comment