Monday, October 24, 2011

Fall Traditions

There is nothing like an apple pressing party in the Fall. I remember making cider in our backyard when I was a kid. In college, I used to head out to a friend's family orchard for a day of food, drink and dips in the hot-tub. Oh, and cider too. I remember the old cranky press at Innisfree that managed to spit out gallons of pear and apple cider each year.

And now, back in Silverton, we finally managed to make it to Dale Coleman's cider pressing party. Sausage, cider, sledding down a grassy hillside--what more do you need?

And for our second Fall in a row, we headed out to Bauman's Farm for their Harvest festivities.

Hay bale maze. Obstacle course. Animal barn. The nut house. The tire castle. This year we went on a Sunday, and it was crazy madness. Too many people. Long lines. We still had fun, but next year I think we'll stick to a weekday visit.


No comments:

Post a Comment