Sunday, October 16, 2011

Music Lovers

Alexander never danced much when he was really little. We would always try to get him to dance when we played fun music, but he rarely would.

Annabel is our dancer. It doesn't take much to get her out there stomping her feet and shaking her big-diaper booty.

But Alexander loves music and delights in having his own CD's that he plays at every opportunity. Recently, he has discovered the wonder of headphones and the Zune. His latest faves? Elvis Presley. The Guano Apes. And the other day he came to me with Zune in hand saying, "Mom, I'm looking for the roses and the guns, but I can't find it."

Welcome to the Jungle, baby.

If we let him, he could probably sit for hours flipping through songs. Already he's figured out how to use the thing better than I can.

I know that as I get older I'm going to get more and more crotchety about new technology. My children are going to get so impatient with me.

"Now, which button do I press?" I'll ask.

They'll roll their eyes.

I'll throw my hands up in despair. "I just don't know how to work these things!"

"You have to turn it on, Mom."


No comments:

Post a Comment