Friday, December 10, 2010

Sibling Rivalry?


After helping Grandma and Grandpa pick out their Christmas Tree, Alexander said to me, "Annabel is my best friend, even though she's just a baby." (Actually, he said, "...still that she's just a baby." He hasn't quite got the "even though" down yet.)

Of course I let out an "Aw, aren't you sweet" sigh.

In the next breath he said, "But sometimes I don't like it when she comes over and ruins the things that I'm playing with."

She does get in his way lately. When they're together I'm constantly hearing, "No, Annabel," "Don't do that, Annabel," or the ever-popular, highly exasperated, "Anna-BEL."

He does a good job of not retaliating. Last week, he kept running away from her saying, "Ow, she's hitting me," and calling her a bully. Yes, my 9-month-old daughter is bullying my three-year-old son. Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment