Sunday, November 28, 2010

This Parenting Thing Just Got a Whole Lot More Fun!

A few nights ago, when Alexander was putting on his pajamas, he suddenly stopped and stood like this:
I laughed and called him a little model and he started striking more poses,

each one more ludicrous than the last.

We were all in hysterics, even Annabel, who didn't know what was going on except that we were all laughing so she should laugh too.

At that moment, I realized that I'm having a whole lot of fun with my kids. It may seem like an obvious statement, but I hadn't been feeling it for a while. I'd been caught up in the taking-care-of-baby mode. The lack of sleep was wearing on me. Alexander and I went through a few rough months where I really did not want to be staying home with him. Every day there was yelling, screaming, and multiple tantrums. Not all on his side.

But over the last month, things have lightened. We've both learned and grown, I suppose. On the day of the pajama fashion show I realized that for that entire day we hadn't had one meltdown, not one fit of crying, not one episode of mommy raising her voice. And we finished off that day with pure family fun. This is what I'm in it for, and I'm so glad we're having more of it lately.

Let the good times roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment