Sunday, October 3, 2010

Active Annabel

I love this age! Annabel's, that is. (Alexander's is another story--I could do with a little less threeness in the house.) But seven months is so exciting. She's so active--crawling and standing and interesting in everything.

Last week I was reading a board book to her and she just had to turn the pages. I wasn't even helping her. She concentrated so hard to get her fingers to cooperate, wrap around the page, pull, turn, and ta-da! New pictures! Amazing.

She also got a big kick out of playing the washcloth game in her high chair. You know the one. Mama puts a washcloth on the tray. Annabel grabs it and flings it over the edge. Mama picks it up. Repeat from beginning. We must have done this about 20 or 30 times. Always she grabbed it with her right hand, even when I placed it to the far left side of her tray. Fun times!

But the best is that she wakes up so happy in the morning! She doesn't cry or fuss. She just wakes up and starts looking around the room at all the fascinating things. I only know she's awake because I hear cooing and gurgling noises. And when Alexander and I (or Michiel on the weekends) come into the room, she greets us with a huge I'm-so-glad-to-see-you smile. And our hearts just melt.

No comments:

Post a Comment