Wednesday, September 29, 2010

For Our Guests

The other day Alexander was taking a long time in the bathroom. I called to him to ask him if he was done and ready for help. He said, "No, not yet." After about ten minutes I went to check on him, but when he heard my footsteps approaching he called, "No! Don't come yet. Don't look!" So I thought I'd give the boy some privacy.


Finally, when he said he was done, I came in and found that he had scrunched up about 15 balls of toilet paper and arranged them neatly on the counter. He had used up at least half a roll.


He said, "Look, Mom. Look what I did."


My first thought was to chide him about it, but I opted for a less confrontational route (for once). "Wow, what are all those for?"


He looked up at me and smiled magnanimously. "They're for our guests."


We were having a potluck that night and had lots of people in the house.


I suppose there are worse things he could be doing while pooping.

No comments:

Post a Comment