Friday, January 18, 2013

A Rose By Any Other Name...

Yes! Our baby has a name! Introducing:

Mieke Emery Rose Nankman!
The story:

Each family member gave her part of her name. I've always liked the Dutch name Mieke.

Annabel has been insisting that her new baby sister be called "Rose Flower" for at least four months. Recently, she switched to "Rose Flower Rainbow Fairy Princess Butterfly Sparkly and Everysing Girly Nankman."  You'll be glad that we cut it down to "Rose."

Alexander wondered why he couldn't choose a name for the baby, and we thought, Why can't he? And so, he suggested "Emery." And so, our third child got two middle names, one from each of her siblings.

And Michiel, of course, contributed Nankman.

2 comments:

  1. Hoi lisa,

    great story about the namegiving. It is all family business overthere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How come I didn't know you have a blog???!!! I was thinking a lot about you guys lately, wondering about the baby and how strange it is to have seen you all this summer and then no contact at all...
    But first of all... congratulations!!! Amazing how much her eyes look like another of the Nankmanchildren ;-) Love the name-giving, I was expecting a name with an A although that would be boring I guess.
    I'm glad I found you here, I'm going to follow you!
    Michiel: van harte gefeliciteerd! Fantastisch, een mooi gezond meisje erbij. We denken aan jullie!

    ReplyDelete