Monday, February 13, 2012

Alexander Turns 5


It's official. We have a five-year-old in the house. I may be more excited than he is. I remember turning five. I remember what a great year it was. All the new things I learned. All the things I discovered I could do. It's exciting when your child gets to an age that you have very clear memories of yourself.


But on to better things. This lucky boy got two parties. One with friends on his actual birthday (Feb. 9th) and one yesterday with family. The friend party was a pannenkoeken (dutch pancake) party, though we americanized the toppings: strawberries and whipped cream, blueberry sauce, nutella and banana. Yum!


There were lots of balloons and party favors and little boxes of Dutch candies. At the end of the party, the kids got to light sparklers in the front yard as they were leaving. It was a brilliant way to end a party with no breakdowns or dawdling about leaving.

And then, Alexander got to open his last gift for the day. The mobile police unit that he's been talking about for months. Here he is demonstrating the door.

And here is the finished product:

I think I'll save the other party for a different post.


No comments:

Post a Comment