Thursday, June 2, 2011

Little Helper


Annabel's got three more teeth now and is working on another...that'll be 8 in all! She's growing up so fast.

Lately, I've been discovering so many things that she can do. Last night, she helped me pick up the toys in the living room. I gave her simple instructions like, "Can you pick up the ball and put it in the basket?" And she toddled about doing everything I asked her to do. She loves to help put things in baskets, boxes, drawers, and bags, but I haven't often enlisted her help to do actual clean-up. Now I see that she is so ready to help.

She's been helping me with the laundry. I hand her the washed clothes and she puts them in the dryer. She's working on helping to hang up the diaper covers, but they're a bit unruly for her, and she gets easily frustrated.

Another relatively new development is that she's learned the meaning of nodding and shaking her head. When I ask if she wants more yogurt, she nods with gusto. If she's standing up or walking when ask her if she's ready for bed, she practically falls over shaking her head so vigorously.

She learned to say "no" a while back, and since then we've been trying to focus on "yes." Just the other day, she said "yes" for the first time. It came out a little more like "yesh," but her meaning was clear. I think it involved a "do you want to nurse?" or "do you want to go outside?" question. Those are her two sure bets.

No comments:

Post a Comment