Monday, February 14, 2011

Belzilla

We've got another nickname for Annabel that not everyone has heard yet: Belzilla.


We use this name when Alexander's working on building something with Duplo or piecing together a puzzle or anything that can be disrupted by the flailing arms and legs of a curious baby.

We warn Alexander: "Uh-oh, Belzilla's coming!" and then help him protect his creation, if need be. Much of the time though, he gets into the spirit of it and laughs with glee as she decimates the tower he's working on.
It doesn't always work, though. He often gets really mad when she even approaches him while he's playing with something. This sibling stuff is tricky. I think I've been on Annabel's side too much of the time when she wants to "see" what her brother's doing.

"Oh, let your sister come over there. She just wants to see what you're doing."

Two minutes later, she's derailed his train and is making off with the bridge piece.


I remember how important my every creation was to me when I was little, and I think I need to remember that when Alexander's yelling at Annabel for coming close to him. She's definitely old enough to understand that ruining his stuff isn't okay.

I guess she can only be Belzilla for so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment