Friday, July 16, 2010

Progress

Annabel had her 4 month checkup this week. She's 17lbs 6 oz, which puts her in the 95th percentile for weight (she's also there for height). I'll have to post a picture of her leg rolls soon.

Alexander has been taking swim lessons for the past two weeks and yesterday he graduated to the next level. When he started he didn't even want to get his face wet. Now he dunks under easily, although he sometimes forgets to blow out and comes up sputtering. It's been such fun to watch his progress. He loves to push off the wall with his feet and come floating out to you. And he'll happily dunk underwater to retrieve a toy from the bottom of the pool.

This has also been his first "class" setting since he attended peuterspeelzaal in the Netherlands. I'm happy to see that although he and I are constantly butting heads over authority issues, he listens and responds to his swim teacher without any trouble.

For her part, Annabel loves to watch her brother do anything. She finds him the most fascinating creature. I often try to enlist Alexander to help me when she's fussing and I can't put down what I'm doing. He sometimes obliges...when he's in the mood.



No comments:

Post a Comment